Company: Delhi Press publishes one of the most diverse portfolio of magazines in India that have a collective readership of more than 25 million. Spanning varied genres including politics, social affairs, lifestyle, women’s, youth, children’s, special interest, and general interest titles, the group brings out magazines that reach out to readers across languages and income groups. Delhi Press publishes the largest read magazine in India, Saras Salil, the most popular women’s magazine, Grihshobha, and the largest read children’s magazine, Champak. It also publishes the leading narrative journalism magazine of India, The Caravan. Other popular titles include Motoring World, Sarita and Manohar Kahaniyan. In all, the group publishes 33 magazines.
Description: We are looking for a Web Developer for our websites- sarita.in, grihshobha.in, and sarasalil.in. The websites represent three of the most popular Hindi magazines in the country, and publish content on a wide ranging mix of topics such as fiction, politics, social affairs, lifestyle, general entertainment, travel, food and much more. The websites have grown rapidly over the last few years. Collectively, they now have more than 4 million monthly unique visitors and 15 million page views.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Guiding the website’s architecture
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
- Conceptualise scalable architecture for our apps
- Collaborate with product management and designers to define and implement innovative technical solutions for the product
- Execute all engineering related tasks like coding, stress testing, security testing
- Create and design backend CMS
- Maintain backend services 24x7
- Present and defend architectural decisions
- Take steps to enhance user experience (UX)
- At least 4-5 years of Fullstack developer experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Very good understanding of data structure, algorithms and design patterns.
- Experience in GIT or similar environments
- Exposure to test driven development
- Experience in developing micro-service based applications
- Exposure Frontend UI/UX developer concepts
- Good working experience in Frontend frameworks like VueJS, ReactJS or AngularJS
- Experience in any modern RDBMS (noSQL experience is a plus)
- Basic Dev Ops experience (AWS, GCP)
- Some knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS etc
- Some knowledge of designing RESTful services and microservices architecture
- Ability to present your code and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies
- Ability to learn and unlearn concepts and technology rapidly to keep pace with cut throat competition
- Experience of working in a media startup will be a plus
Please send in a résumé, a detailed statement on your experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter to Mr. V Natarajan (firstname.lastname@example.org). Subject line should read “Web Developer".