Assistant Web Editor Grihshobha - Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati websites
Published in 8 languages and commanding an enviable readership of over 50 lakhs as per IRS 2019, it is the only woman's magazine with a pan-India presence. Covering all the topics that are most popular among women, Bollywood, beauty, fashion, family, relationships, travel, recipes and personal issues, Grihshobha has been a genuine advisor and an agent for the evolution of the Indian woman. While the Hindi edition of Grihshobha is the largest read Hindi women’s magazine, the Kannada, Marathi and Gujarati editions are leaders in their respective languages.
The digital version of Grihshobha Hindi www.grihshobha.in has become very popular among women readers and commands an enviable reach of more than 2 crores across the websites and Facebook page. We want to create the digital versions of Grihshobha Kannada, Marathi and Gujarati to expand our digital footprints in the regional language space.
About the job
We are looking for dynamic Asst Web Editors for driving the content plan for the digital versions of Grihshobha Kannada, Marathi and Gujarati. Candidates who are working as content creators in these languages and are looking for a challenging and exciting work environment are encouraged to apply.
Number of posts: 3
- Taking complete charge of the Grihshobha language website and social media channels.
- Ensuring the website and social media feeds are updated on a regular, timely and appropriate basis.
- Liaising with Grihshobha Hindi digital team members for stories.
- Ability to get relevant stories from relevant language print editorial writers and contributors on a regular basis.
- Writing and copy editing stories
- Contributing to video production
- At least two years of experience with running content websites, with women’s interest websites being a plus
- A thorough understanding of the online world
- The ability to quickly write stories based on trending topics
- Copy editing skills
- Understand the use of images and graphics and ability to work with graphic designers.
- The ability to fit easily into a team environment
- Writing fluency in the respective language viz. Kannada or Marathi or Gujarati is a must. In addition the candidate must have a good understanding of Hindi as a lot of archival content in use is in Hindi and same will need to be rewritten/translated into the regional language
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (mentioning Assistant Web Editor – Kannada or Marathi or Gujarati, as the case maybe, in the subject line), two samples of your writing, a detailed statement on your previous work experience and why you think you would be an asset to the magazine.