Digital Video Editor, Delhi Press Digital
Location : New Delhi, Mumbai
Function : Digital editorial desk
The digital desk of Delhi Press magazines is looking for a video editor to help produce fast-paced and informative videos for our digital, mobile and social platforms. Delhi Press Group (The Caravan, Grihshobha, Sarita, Champak, Saras Salil and Motoring World), launched in 1939, today publishes 33 magazines in 10 languages, with a focus on lifestyle, politics and culture. The content for the videos would stem from the editorial content of these magazine titles and produced in both Hindi and English.
We are looking for a candidate with an interest in general lifestyle content and an understanding of editing video footage specifically for the web format. The video editor will work with our editorial team to create original videos in our core verticals (food, lifestyle, home, wellness, parenting, health, relationships, automotives) as well as in news.
The ideal candidate for this role will infuse enthusiasm and energy into our projects, as well as ideate around how we can reimagine graphics and visual styles. They will work with the team to create new and engaging templates for our various content offerings. We are looking for someone who can not only turn around quick and polished edits, but who understands our editorial sensibilities, including tone, pacing and look, and most importantly, our readership.
- 2+ years of experience in producing videos for digital platforms
- Knowledge of either Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro is a must. Ability to edit in Adobe After Effects is highly encouraged.
- Conceptualising video packages to translate print based magazine content into short, crisp visual content.
- Integrating images and graphics and into video narratives. Ability to work with kinetic typography is highly encouraged.
- Generating ideas to increase engagement on social-media platforms and creating multimedia content for the same.
- Strong editorial skills, the ability to identify compelling and important stories.
- Experience editing on tight deadlines
Additional Job Requirements :
- Quick learner who can pick up new production tools and styles
- A collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
- Proficiency in Hindi and English
- An awareness of the contemporary video formats, trends and competitors in digital video
- Please send in a résumé, a detailed statement on your experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter to Mr. V Natarajan (email@example.com). Subject line should read "Digital Video Editor – 2019".