Commissioning and Web Editor
About the magazine
Champak is the most-read Indian children's magazine, which has been nurturing children with enriching, educative and wholesome content since 1969. It is published in 8 languages and is read by more than 43 lakh* readers across India(*IRS 2017). The magazine is read both digitally and in print.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Write and think of topics that interest 7-12-year-olds to enhance their world view and make them aware of their surroundings.
- Ability to understand challenges that are important for children in the fields of science, literature, music, sports, psychological development, sex, diversity, history and politics; and writing and commissioning stories with a child’s perspective would be a key responsibility.
- Ensuring stories are aesthetically laid out for both web and magazine.
- Engage with children on social media and build networks with schools and volunteers to conduct programs and interactions.
- Commission and develop freelancers in the fields to get engaging content for children for web and magazines.
- Masters degree in any of the liberal arts with a child education experience.
- Please send in a résumé, a detailed statement on your experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read “Commissioning and web editor".