About the magazine
Champak is the most-read Indian children's magazine, which has been nurturing children with enriching, educative and wholesome content since 1969. It is published in 8 languages and is read by more than 43 lakh* readers across India(*IRS 2017). The magazine is read both digitally and in print.
Role & Responsibilities:
- A fine arts graduate with the knowledge of laying out pictures, puzzle and storybooks for 4-12-year-olds. Indesign knowledge is a must.
- A good design sensibility, colour, graphics and font sense, that can make the content look appealing to children.
- Preferably able to understand how children like to consume content, with an ability to design characters, storyboards.
- Have the ability to commission, craft, puzzle and storybooks, illustrators for the magazine and books.
- Video understanding would be preferred.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience of working independently in a book publishing or a creative field.
- Graduates from institutes of design preferred.
- Please send in a résumé, a detailed statement on your experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line should read “Book Designer".