Associate Editor Children Magazine: Champak
Magazine : Champak
Location : Mumbai
About the magazine:Champak is the most-read Indian children's magazine, which has been nurturing children with enriching, educative and wholesome content since 1969. It is published in 8 languages and is read by more than 43 lakh* readers across India(*IRS 2017). The magazine is read both digitally and in print.
Role: The Associate Editor will work along with the Editor to plan the contents and programming of the children's publications, both digital and print (magazine and book projects), as well as for sales and marketing collateral, children's events and any other ad hoc projects, in accordance with the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements. They will develop story and content ideas that are wholesome, challenging and emotionally appealing for children. The AE will also be involved in creating content for digital editions of Champak, which will have a strong emphasis on producing video content.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Oversee publication production –including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing–ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Commission ideas with freelancers, as well as develop a pool of contributors, for stories as well as for illustrations.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication, and confer with writers regarding changes in content, style or organisation, and publication.
- Be actively involved in developing content for digital formats, which will include website, social–media handles (espfacebook and instagram), and apps.
- Be involved in developing a strong video footprint, as well as the larger digital vision of the brand.
- Programming for children's events
- Any other editorial marketing initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Literature or liberal arts.
- Copy writing and editing skills.
- Excellent team leader and interpersonal skills.
- Worked in children publishing or involved with children teaching, curriculum design or teaching.
- Please send in a résumé, two writing samples, a detailed statement on your editing experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter Ms Haripriya (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Natarajan (email@example.com). Subject line should read "Associate Editor – 2019".