Art Director Children Magazine: Champak
About the magazine
Champak is the most-read Indian children's magazine, which has been nurturing children with enriching, educative and wholesome content since 1969. It is published in 8 languages and is read by more than 43 lakh* readers across India(*IRS 2017). The magazine is read both digitally and in print.
The Art director is responsible for all aspects of design and execution in all formats, including magazine, digital, books, sales and marketing collateral, and any ad-hoc projects. The art director is responsible for both magazine and digital layouts that are creative, children friendly, aesthetically appealing and of the highest quality.
Responsibilities and Skills:
The Art director coordinates concept-and-design efforts for editorial design and production, as well as marketing design, which may be in print, for websites, or in any other format.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products–especially In Design, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro
- Understanding of Editorial and Creative Processes
- Technologically Savvy on all Platforms
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated Interest in Children's Publishing
- Teamwork Skills to Coordinate Efforts on Projects
- Set and Adhere to Project Deadlines
- Degree in fine arts/applied art from a reputed college.
- 5 years in publishing, preferably children's publishing.
- Please send in a résumé, two writing samples, a detailed statement on your editing experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter Ms Haripriya (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Natarajan (email@example.com). Subject line should read "Art Director – 2019".